Negligence can cause grief and frustration, especially when it leads to the death of someone you love. A skilled attorney is essential to any Iowa personal injury case. However, if a loved one has died because of a reckless individual, you cannot afford to hire just any Iowa personal injury lawyer. You need a highly qualified team of dedicated attorneys who are ready to fight for you. Eells & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC has the experience and knowledge to assist you in filing a wrongful death suit so you can receive just compensation.
IOWA PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT
Hit and run drivers, reckless motorists, or medical malpractice can cause the life of a family member to come to an end. While it may be difficult to think about taking legal action during such a trying and emotional time, a seasoned law firm can help your family find justice. Just a few examples of wrongful death collision claims include the following:
- Children losing a parent whose car was hit by a driver who was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- The overwhelming loss of a child whose bicycle was hit when a distracted driver failed to stop for a red light
- Losing a spouse because of a senseless road rage incident
HOW OUR IOWA AUTOMOBILE COLLISION LAWYERS CAN HELP
An injury attorney in Iowa needs specialized skills to pursue compensation in wrongful death cases. Each attorney at Eells & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC has the right combination of skills:
- Knowledge of wrongful death laws: Our lawyers know the conditions that must exist to collect wrongful death damages within the state of Iowa. We can assess the details of your situation to determine if you have a case.
- Ability to handle complex cases: When auto collisions are fatal, the individual responsible for the collision, particularly in cases such as DUI, may face criminal charges, which could result in up to 25 years of jail time. While a criminal case has no legal bearing on the results of a civil wrongful death case, a lawyer must have special legal experience to handle the timing and other complications associated with these cases.
- Compassionate support and service: When you have lost a loved one in an avoidable collision, you need an Iowa automobile collision attorney who understands you and your situation. At Eells & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC, we offer flexible hours to accommodate your schedule, we respond promptly to your calls, and we make sure you fully understand the answers to your questions throughout the legal process.
Following are ways an attorney can help you with your personal injury lawsuit in Iowa:
- Gather evidence: Adept lawyers can hire professionals to carry out an investigation to gather evidence and discover the true cause of injury. Additionally, these expert investigators can assist in finding out who the liable parties are so you can receive the reimbursement you deserve.
- Understand the law: Although every case is different, personal injuries in Iowa can be complicated. A knowledgeable law firm can help you understand the intricacies of the law.
- File paperwork: In your state of mourning, filling out complex legal paperwork can be stressful and difficult. Your attorney can patiently review anything that requires your signature and help you fill out all documents pertaining to the lawsuit.
- Develop a strategy: One of the most valuable attributes an experienced attorney has is the ability to develop a sound legal strategy against the opposition.
Although nothing can bring your loved one back, an Iowa personal injury law suit can help cover medical bills, funeral expenses, and pain and suffering. Additionally, a lawyer can also relieve stress and help you find closure. While you are not required to retain an attorney in order to file a personal injury lawsuit in Iowa, a skilled lawyer can significantly increase your chances of receiving compensation.
CONSULT AN IOWA CITY AND CEDAR RAPIDS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER TODAY
The legal help you need is here. Call our Iowa injury law firm at 319-393-1020 or email Eells & Tronvold Law Offices, PLC today for a free initial consultation. We look forward to discussing your personal injury, employment and labor, wills and probate case, or any other legal matter with you.